1. How old will you be in 3 birthdays?
2. Do you think you'll be married by then?
Yes, unless there is a tragedy. It'll be 25 years this June.
3. What do you look forward to most in the next 2 months?
The returning of the daylight hours and sunshine and warmth.
4. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Socks and usually slippers, muck boots in the garden, hiking boots for the rest of life.
5. When was the last time you cried?
At about 2:00 am New Year's Day.
6. What was the last thing you drank?
7. Favorite ice cream?
Mint chocolate chip...but anything with chocolate is good
8. What is your favorite number?
6, 8, 23, 68
9. What's your favorite color?
10. What Jelly do you put on your PB&J?
The only purpose of peanut butter is to hold chocolate together. I love strawberry jam.
As a kid, I went through the picky years eating white bread with butter and grape jelly cut into quarters.
11. What location(s) is/are on your bucket travel list?
The Sistine Chapel, the Canadian Rockies, the Smithsonian, see a space shuttle, the battlefield at Gettysburg, and sail on a schooner at sea.
12. How many glasses of water a day do you drink on average?
13. What do you drink in the morning?
14. Would you rather kiss someone with or without tongue?
Kiss and don't tell.
15. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
16. Do you know how to play poker?
17. What's so good about Fridays?
Friday night leads to Saturday morning for a bit of extra sleep.
18. Any plans for this weekend?
19. Do you eat out or at home more often?
20. How big is your TV?
It's in the basement. I don't know how big it is. It's from before the days of flatscreen.
21. Ever stolen a street sign?
No, but when I was a kid, my brothers found a road sign in the ditch by our house. Ironically, it was the sign announcing $100 fine for littering. It lived in our garage along with every other weird thing my brother collected - an old stoplight, a stop sign my Dad got somewhere (legitimately), old tools and bits of motors, pieces of scavenged antique bottles, car parts. The only things that didn't live in the garage, much to my horror, were the junk Volvo and VW Beetles he also collected. Anyway, back to the littering fine sign. My Dad finally got tired of some of the junk hanging around so he hauled some stuff to the local nearby dump, including the sign. The guys working at the dump got their hands on it and the next time I saw the sign, it was hanging on the outside of the dump office next to the sign listing the dump fees. It is one thing I regret not having a photo of.
22. Do you keep a piggy bank?
23. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
24. Have you ever been in an ambulance?
25. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
The ocean or Lake Superior
26. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat?
A window, especially on a plane. I hate flying. The closed in feeling is awful. My kid likes the window too so she usually sits there. She's still small and I can see around her outside which works. I live in terror of having to sit in the plane on the tarmac.
27. Do you know how to drive a stick shift?
On a car, in theory. On a tractor and snowblower, in practice.
28. What is your favourite thing to spend money on? Stuff for other people. I hate spending money on myself.
29. Do you wear any jewellery 24/7? My wedding ring - a plain thin yellow gold band, a pair of small diamond earrings in place of my engagement ring which is now too big for my hand, and a cranberry cord tied around my left wrist by my kid when she learned to tie a square knot. It's been there for about a year.
30. Do you speak any other language?
31. Can you roll your tongue?
32. Last person you lay in bed with?
33. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
34. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
Yes...I have dresses I wore as a baby, shirts from high school and college, my prom and wedding dresses and several Halloween costumes. I don't wear any of them anymore. I have clothes like sweaters that I've had for about 20 years that I still wear. I hate clothes shopping.
35. What is the colour of your bedroom wall?
36. Do you shut off the water when you brush your teeth?
No, even though it's wasteful.
37. Do you currently hate anyone? Not specifically but I think some behavior is despicable.
38. Do you currently have a crush on someone?
39. What are you listening to?
My kid is watching an episode of Too Cute. Nightswimming by REM. Husband playing with the dog.
40. What quality is most important to you in a hero? Speaking truth to power, persistence, hoping and loving in spite of oppression, and having compassion and courage.